Monday, September 19, 2016

Exceedingly Great Blessings

Friends,

I am grateful for the hymns. What wonderful sources of wisdom and hope, of energy and of vigor. When in need, sing a hymn. The song of the heart is ¨ a prayer unto me¨ as the Lord says. Yesterday, I was in sacrament meeting and not quite enjoying the presence of the Spirit as I would have liked to. Some things had happened, and me and my comp were feeling kinda down. But God spoke to us through song. We sang ¨Come, come ye Saints.¨ In spanish there is a line that says ¨y paz será el galardón, oh está todo bien.¨ It´s saying that peace will be the prize, all is well, all is well. Well, I am certain that God speaks to us through many different ways. Including the hymns. I will be eternally grateful to my old piano teachers, such as Margaret Schloss, Jan Judd, and Michelle Bowman, for teaching me a sure-proof method of bringing the spirit. It´s a shame the mission doesn´t allow for time to really play much.

Well, here I am talking about hymns and stuff and not even about the week! I´ll just go quickly through one of the busiest weeks of my mission:

Tuesday: Transfers. Luckily the Ramos Mejía zone all lives pretty close, so we had no problems recieving missionaries new to the zone and shipping them off to their new areas. We also were asked to help the trainers in their new duties and practice with them contacting, especially with the book of mormon. My opinion: have in in your hand! The SWORD OF THE SPIRIT does no good if it´s sheathed up in your backpack.

Wednesday: my first ¨concilio¨. Meeting with the zone leaders. It was fantastic! Talked all about the mission and how to help the missionaries, including ourselves, improve. Talked much about challenges and resources, and how many of our challenges are really resources if we just change our mentality.

Thursday: one somewhat normal day of work. We did weekly planning. yay!

Friday: we had special training with President Robertson. It was great! His wife also rocks. We talked with her about the power of the Spirit in conversión. I love what Elder Bednar says that we are all agents who act,and not objects to be acted upon. We must allow the investigators to ACT, and learn by faith. #inspiredquestions

Saturday: there was a stake service meeting and we painted a school! I saw the bishop from my first area there! His daughter just got called to mexico! So great to see old friends! We also had a baptism!!! Lucas, great guy. We are having a baptism every week in september. I arrived just a few weeks ago and am in no way credited for helping them reach baptism, but some incredible people are in this area!

Sunday: A day of rest. Alma 37:34.

Have a great week!

Elder Wilcox

Lucas has had some great experiences with the scriptures I will write about later
Renzo, he actually is from a recently reactivated family. he was baptized but they lost the records, so he got baptized again. awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment